GARAGE DOOR REPAIR in EDWARDSVILLE, KS
GET A FREE ESTIMATE
LOCAL, HONEST AND PROFESSIONAL GARAGE DOOR SERVICES IN EDWARDSVILLE, KS
TEAM TAYLOR DOORS HAS OVER 400 5-STAR GOOGLE REVIEWS!
Team Taylor Doors is the highest rated garage door repair service company in the Kansas City metro area.
Our more than 400 5-star Google reviews speak for themselves.
We pride ourselves on fair pricing and exceptional service. When you work with Team Taylor, you will never be sold something you don’t need. We treat each of our customers as family. Not only are we the area’s most trusted source for timely, expert repair, but we also go the extra mile with things like thorough cleaning of our job sites.
For same-or-next day garage door service in Edwardsville with a satisfaction guarantee, call the professionals at Team Taylor.
About this Area
Edwardsville, Kansas, with a population of around 4,500, offers small-town living with immediate access to big-city amenities. Located just south of I-70, the Kansas Speedway and the Legends area, there is no shortage of shopping, dining and entertainment within minutes of Edwardsville.
This town was first surveyed in 1869 on land owned by Delaware Indian Chief Half Moon. The city was officially incorporated in 1915 and is in southwest Wyandotte County.
The most famous historic resident of Edwardsville was Junius Groves, a freed slave who had a potato farm that produced more bushels per acre than any operation in the world in the early 20th century.
Garage Door Maintenance Tips
There are some things you can do to prevent regular garage door mishaps. A little bit of preventive maintenance can go a long way. Of course, even the best-maintained garage door system will eventually need professional repair. When that occurs, Team Taylor is your go-to Edwardsville, Kansas, source.
In the meantime, follow these steps to keep your garage door operating optimally.
Keep the Door Clean and All Moving Parts Lubricated
Regularly cleaning your garage door in Edwardsville, KS prevent dirt buildup and corrosion. We recommend you follow this simple process once every few months:
1. Dust the door inside and out.
2. Apply a mild liquid soap and wipe down with a wet sponge.
3. Rinse the door by spraying gently with a garden hose.
4. Apply a synthetic lubricant to your door opener’s chain or screw-drive. And apply lightweight oil to your door’s rollers and hinges. Never use a lubricant on the door’s tracks as this could cause the door to slip and become unbalanced.
Test Your Opener’s Auto-Reverse Safety Feature
It’s critical to your safety that your automatic garage door opener detects anything in the door’s path. If there are any obstructions, the door should automatically reverse direction to prevent injury or property damage. Never operate your door without this safety feature working properly.
To test the auto-reverse safety feature:
1. Raise the garage door and place a block of wood on the floor in the direct path of the garage door.
2. A pair of photo eye sensors (required with any garage door installed after 1991) are typically placed 5 to 10 inches above the floor. The sensors should detect the block of wood on the floor when you lower the door. The door should automatically reverse directions before it hits the object.
3. If your auto-reverse safety feature is not working correctly, clean the photo eye sensors with a damp cotton swab and test again.
4. If your door is still not reversing properly, call Team Taylor. Do not operate your garage door if this safety feature is not working.
Safely Check To See if Your Door Is Balanced
In order for your door’s mechanical parts not to be unnecessarily stressed, the door needs to be properly balanced.
Remember: Never disconnect the garage door from the opener unless the door is fully lowered to the ground. You want to avoid a situation where the heavy garage door could come crashing down.
To check that your garage door is balanced:
- Once the door has been lowered to the down position, pull the opener’s emergency release cord to disconnect it from the motor.
- Manually lift the door until it is raised about halfway. If the door does not feel heavy, it is safe to release your hands from the door.
- After you’ve released your hands, the door should stay in the halfway position without moving up or down. This indicates that your garage door is balanced correctly and that the springs are doing the job of lifting the door.
If your garage door is not properly balanced, contact Team Taylor Doors before operating further.
Eventually Every Garage Door Needs Some Type of Service
Even the best maintained garage doors will eventually need repair. And that’s exactly when you’ll want to call Team Taylor Doors at 913-346-6484.
Remember, at Team Taylor, we don’t think of you as a customer. To us, you’re part of our family.
Related Repair Services
TRUE GARAGE DOOR OPENER EXPERTS EDWARDSVILLE, KS
We carry all the different brands and models of garage doors as well as any of its components. If your problem is your garage door opener, let us take a look at it and we can advise you for FREE if it requires repair or replacement. What’s more, we are always upfront with estimated costs so you never have to worry.
COUPONS & SPECIAL OFFERS
Coupons must be applied at the time of the approved estimate and cannot be combined.
DO YOU HAVE A GARAGE DOOR OPENER PROBLEM?
CONTACT YOUR KANSAS CITY
GARAGE DOOR OPENER EXPERTS TODAY.