GARAGE DOOR PROFESSIONALS KANSAS CITY
GET A FREE ESTIMATE
TEAM TAYLOR DOORS: KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI’S TRUSTED GARAGE DOOR PROFESSIONALS
TEAM TAYLOR DOORS HAS OVER 400 5-STAR GOOGLE REVIEWS!
Team Taylor Doors delivers more than just garage door replacement and repair expertise. We treat each one of our customers as if they were family.
And we’re serious when we say that. Look through our nearly 400 5-star Google Reviews, and you’ll find a common theme: Happy customers raving about above-and-beyond service.
We view every job – even the most minor repair – as an opportunity to make a positive impact on a person’s life. We tend to each and every detail – from thoroughly cleaning the job site to washing our hands so that your property remains clean. We pride ourselves on professionalism.
When you call Team Taylor, you’ll be dealing with Kansas City, Missouri’s most exemplary Garage Door Professionals Kansas City. Beyond that, you’ll be dealing with professionals you know have your best interests in mind.
About this Area
You can’t come to Kansas City, Missouri without tasting some of its world-famous barbeque. All of the locals have their favorite spots – and each place does their barbeque just a little bit differently. The classic Kansas City style includes some variation of meat with dry rub, smoked over a variety of woods and served with a tomato-based sauce. You can’t beat it!
Remember, that Kansas City, Missouri residents can expect same-day or next-day service from Team Taylor Doors. We’re headquartered right next door in Lee’s Summit.
Our team of experts can help you with everything from garage door replacement to repairs for broken parts. We can also assist you with a maintenance schedule so that you can avoid the inconvenience of garage door system malfunctions.
Garage Door Maintenance Tips
There are some things you can do to prevent regular garage door mishaps. A little bit of preventive maintenance can go a long way. Of course, even the best-maintained garage door system will eventually need professional repair. When that occurs, Team Taylor is your go-to Kansas City, Missouri source.
In the meantime, follow these steps to keep your garage door operating optimally.
Keep the Door Clean and All Moving Parts Lubricated
Regularly cleaning your garage door will prevent dirt buildup and corrosion. We recommend you follow this simple process once every few months:
1. Dust the door inside and out.
2. Apply a mild liquid soap and wipe down with a wet sponge.
3. Rinse the door by spraying gently with a garden hose.
4. Apply a synthetic lubricant to your door opener’s chain or screw-drive. And apply lightweight oil to your door’s rollers and hinges. Never use a lubricant on the door’s tracks as this could cause the door to slip and become unbalanced.
Test Your Opener’s Auto-Reverse Safety Feature
It’s critical to your safety that your automatic garage door opener detects anything in the door’s path. If there are any obstructions, the door should automatically reverse direction to prevent injury or property damage. Never operate your door without this safety feature working properly.
To test the auto-reverse safety feature:
- Raise the garage door and place a block of wood on the floor in the direct path of the garage door.
- A pair of photo eye sensors (required with any garage door installed after 1991) are typically placed 5 to 10 inches above the floor. The sensors should detect the block of wood on the floor when you lower the door. The door should automatically reverse directions before it hits the object.
- If your auto-reverse safety feature is not working correctly, clean the photo eye sensors with a damp cotton swab and test again.
- If your door is still not reversing properly, call Team Taylor. Do not operate your garage door if this safety feature is not working.
Safely Check To See if Your Door Is Balanced
In order for your door’s mechanical parts not to be unnecessarily stressed, the door needs to be properly balanced.
Remember: Never disconnect the garage door from the opener unless the door is fully lowered to the ground. You want to avoid a situation where the heavy garage door could come crashing down.
To check that your garage door is balanced:
- Once the door has been lowered to the down position, pull the opener’s emergency release cord to disconnect it from the motor.
- Manually lift the door until it is raised about halfway. If the door does not feel heavy, it is safe to release your hands from the door.
- After you’ve released your hands, the door should stay in the halfway position without moving up or down. This indicates that your garage door is balanced correctly and that the springs are doing the job of lifting the door.
If your garage door is not properly balanced, contact Team Taylor Doors before operating further.
Call the Professionals at Team Taylor Doors
If you’re in Kansas City, Missouri and want professional garage door experts who will treat you like family and never try to sell you solutions that you don’t need, there’s only one place to call – Team Taylor Doors.
Related Repair Services
TRUE GARAGE DOOR OPENER EXPERTS
We carry all the different brands and models of garage doors as well as any of its components. If your problem is your garage door opener, let us take a look at it and we can advise you for FREE if it requires repair or replacement. What’s more, we are always upfront with estimated costs so you never have to worry.
COUPONS & SPECIAL OFFERS
Coupons must be applied at the time of the approved estimate and cannot be combined.
DO YOU HAVE A GARAGE DOOR OPENER PROBLEM?
CONTACT YOUR KANSAS CITY
GARAGE DOOR OPENER EXPERTS TODAY.