Team Taylor Doors is happy to provide all manners of Overland Park garage door installation and service. It helps to know what kind of garage door you want before making any purchase. That’s why we want to cover the most popular styles. You don’t always have to choose the popular variety, but it can help generate good inspiration.
Popular Overland Park Garage Door Styles & DesignsIn Overland Park, we notice folks really gravitating to the BeedBoard-style. Many houses have the old barn or townhome appearance. We often install a newer version of Bead Board, which is still a novelty compared to its traditional iteration. Nowadays, it comes in a shorter or recessed look. The good news is that while styles vary a lot, the standard features of today’s garage doors are consistently stronger than they once were. Every garage door has a locking mechanism, the openers are much quieter, and you can select how much insulation you’d like. From there, the sky’s the limit in terms of upgrades like special windows, cameras, and motion sensor security.
How People Tend to Shop for Garage DoorsHow do folks in and around Overland Park prefer to choose a garage door style? One thing we notice is that many homeowners are blown away by the volume of great choices. Most people are unaware of the variety and customization that comes with modern garage doors and garage door openers. There are numerous ways, for example, to match the garage door with your windows or siding on your home. Establishing congruity with all the exterior home features is a big priority. That being said, the vast majority of homeowners in the area have a pretty good idea of what they expect in a garage door. 80% of our clients have a rough understanding of what they want, whereas the other 20% need some guidance. For the latter, we encourage them to drive around their neighborhoods and get a feel for what other folks do to their homes. There are some clients who want to make sure they aren’t the first ones to choose a particular style that would make them stand out too much.
Other Popular Styles in 2022We’d also like to remind you of the most popular garage door styles thus far in 2022. This is not an exhaustive list, but rather a condensed selection of what shows up the most in Kansas City neighborhoods.
- Colonial This is a wonderful, classical style that usually features a wooden appearance. It’s very clean and symmetrical without looking too ostentatious.
- Tudor Tudor is traditional just like Colonial and tends to match well with stucco homes. Manufacturers achieve this by using either wood or imitation wood.
- Ranch The ranch style gives you a great opportunity to get that sweet and elegant look while maintaining a budget.
- Raised-Panel Doors This is where you’ll see the door panels either free-floating or molded together to give such an appearance. They’re very common and amenable to all kinds of window choices.
- Modern Material Options Of course, wood isn’t your only option. Just like with siding or window materials, modern technology allows manufacturers to construct garage doors from vinyl, steel, glass, fiberglass, and more.